Maintaining your Sanity
Life takes a major turn when you have a child, especially in the starting few years of bringing up your child. You nearly get deprived of the fun you used to have before having a child, but that is all for good reason whether you may agree or not. Having child is always a dream of spouses and as your child grows, you really enjoy their different phases. Now, your child is all set to be a proper grown up toddler, who knows how to pick up things, communicating with you in your language, learning new things. You are now no longer sleep deprived or not getting up in the middle of the night to change nappies that mean your child has grown. You may see them communicating with you in their own way, they start voicing their concerns and what they had prefer to eat. You be at patience all the time understanding their needs but there comes a time you get terrified with office pressure and your child’s demanding nature. That phase is still controllable, but what if things get out of control. I have seen many a parent relying on baby sitters to do the needful. But how far even they can go to fulfill the responsibilities of a mother isn’t it?
You always keep wishing, if you had more time to give to your child. Perhaps, then it might be a better bond. But there are always some types of compulsions craving inside. Your life is full of jumbles now; you are now handling 10 things at a time and remember that this will continue until your child turns ten years old. Now that sounds like a long period, but as the days pass you will realize that perhaps your child was still a child and you could enjoy all the moments of motherhood. Here are some of the few tips from experts for juggling parents just like you:
- Always remember to go slow, watch your child in their natural behavior. Be always willingly ready to help them. If there are new experiences with them, they are going to question you anyway. Teach them new lessons each day and slowly introduce the worldly things to your child.
- See your child’s manipulation, watch them closely and respect their opinions always and if you find that they are wrong. Give them proper reasons for not to follow it. Always respect their individuality as a child; they need space too after all.
- Encourage and appreciate your child’s willingness to talk to outside world. The interaction is the main key to their development, understand them and help them cope with the challenges.
- Do not get so involved in your social or professional life that you do not realize that they are already a grown up individuals. Make time for them now and understand their moods and follow their moods if it’s okay with you. Take their signals if they are hungry, lonely or feeling tired; help them refreshed by playing with them or preparing a nice lunch for them.
- Do not get your child too exposed to outside world that may lead to stimulation overload; give them time to make them understand what is good or bad for them. Do not get them too exposed to visual or auditory stimulation for them to throw tantrums on you.
- Always take time to go for family outings; these are the places where you could enjoy family bonding individually. Incorporate this in your family routine, so even if they are grown up they will remember to spend time with you always. If something is bothering you internally, sort it out immediately and see the options where you can handle them differently. Share your feelings with your child for them to understand the real world of critics. So they learn to understand that life is not always the smooth ride.
- Babies or toddlers are always curious to know new things; at every step or new experiences of life their brains are running at faster pace to learn them and there are triggering questions always. Do not squelch when they get curious about things coz that is the only way they learn new things of life. Encourage them to explore new acquaintances and learn something new each day of their life.
- Focus is the main key to bring up your child positively. Make sure that you do not keep them unattended, letting them feel inferior. Always answer their queries completely with proper explanation without they having any doubt about the matter.
- Do all your duties as respectable parents; make them feel that you are the best mothers and fathers. Your inner mutual understanding goes a long way in building a good positive relationship.
Popularity: 15% [?]